Lewis County REC’s mission is to provide safe, reliable, and affordable energy to meet the needs of our member/owner.
In July 1937 Lewis County REC energized the first line in Missouri.
The first line was built with a loan authorized under the Rural Electrification Act.
Lewis County’s service area consists of 2,494 miles of energized line servicing approximately 7,000 meters.
The service area covers part of 7 counties: Lewis, Clark, Knox, Adair, Shelby, Scotland and Marion and the towns of Novelty, Arbela, Granger, Durham, Maywood, Monticello and Medill.